Modified Retained Search (MRS)
Our Search Process
PHASE I: Defining the Search and Key Implications
1. Strategic Assessment
Developed specifically for senior level positions within healthcare organizations, Strategic Assessment is an objective, diagnostic analysis conducted by a senior healthcare consultant to more clearly define the key implications to be considered in the selection of a new leader. Our analysis is based on the client’s current data, and focuses on the financial and competitive positions of the organization, management structure, strategic direction and relationships with key stakeholders.
2. Site Visit/Orientation
We interview key individuals to develop a complete understanding of the community, your organization, your business model/technical platform, and the scope of the position. Information is sought regarding your mission and goals, structure, philosophy, and major operational issues and challenges. We focus on the responsibilities of the position, reporting relationships, and critical success drivers. Target skill set, experience requirements, and compensation parameters are reviewed. A client communication and interview protocol is established to facilitate accurate and timely transfer of information during the project.
3. Develop Position Specification
A detailed Position Specification describing the community, client organization, position, and target candidate profile is prepared and submitted to the client for review within (48) hours of completion of our Site Visit.
4. Search Strategy and Timetable
A core project team will be assigned to develop the search plan and projected search timetable, which specifies target dates for each milestone throughout the process.
PHASE II: Recruitment
5. Candidate Research and Development
Management Pathway’s targeted approach to identifying and recruiting candidates provides a clear advantage to our clients:
• In contrast to most retained search firms, our lead project consultant is involved in every aspect of initial candidate development without “handing off” this critical phase of the search to a junior staff member or outsourcing it completely.
• We conduct fresh research to develop an extensive target list for each specific search, and leverage our national industry database and referral sources within appropriate professional organizations to create an aggressive, thorough, and diverse candidate pipeline.
• Our ability to access potential candidates is unencumbered by the high degree of “Off Limits” restrictions and internal competition that manifest, by necessity, within large search firms. We encourage all clients to explore this issue in detail prior to engaging a search firm.
• Prospective candidates are consistently impressed with the professional approach, level of detail, and individual courtesy offered by our senior consultants, a key component in attracting high caliber talent.
PHASE III: Evaluation
Qualified candidates will be interviewed by Management Pathways prior to submitting them for your consideration. The interview will be designed to explore the candidate’s career history, management/work style, accomplishments, goals, and motivation.
7. Behavioral Style Assessment
We utilize the Personal Profile System to aid clients in evaluating each candidate’s management style and potential fit within the organization.
8. Presentation of Candidates
We will present candidates who meet your criteria and have exhibited interest in the position. A candidate’s qualification package, including a detailed summary of our interview with the candidate, a copy of their resume, behavioral style assessment, and a preliminary reference, if possible, will be presented.
PHASE IV: Final Selection
9. Three-Dimensional References
Management Pathways will conduct reference calls on all finalist candidates, and will request references from past or current supervisors, peers, staff members or customers. Summaries of the reference discussions will be provided to the client.
10. Client Interviews with Candidate
We coordinate the arrangements for the candidates to interview with the client, including travel and lodging when necessary. We follow up after each interview, debriefing the candidate to confirm continued interest, and schedule subsequent interviews as appropriate.
11. Assistance with the Offer
At the client’s direction, Management Pathways assists with the preparation and presentation of the offer to the final candidate. We serve as a bridge between the client and the successful candidate during this critical phase to facilitate negotiations and clarify details regarding compensation, benefits and relocation as necessary.
12. On Boarding and Follow Up
Management Pathways periodically communicates with the client hiring manager and the placed candidate to ensure that the transition into the position is barrier-free, and that a positive assimilation process is ongoing. We will also provide timely follow up communication to candidates interviewed by the client, but not offered employment.
A lead executive search consultant and core project team will be assigned to each project. The average experience of our senior consultants is over fifteen (15) years in executive search and health care consulting.
Management Pathways is committed to actively working to identify and include minority candidates and women for consideration on every search, and to insure that potential sources for identifying minorities, ethnic groups, and women are utilized as part of the search process. We urge our clients to interview and consider minority candidates.
Management Pathways provides a minimum one (1) year guarantee for each placement and two (2) year guarantee for senior executive placements.