Team: John R. Kiernan
John is entering his nineteenth year of executive search, with diverse experience consulting with organizations advancing the quality and delivery of health care. His background encompasses assignments with a range of health care provider organizations, including academic medical centers, children's specialty hospitals, and community-based hospitals and health systems. Prior to founding Management Pathways in 2003 , John was a Manager with The Katz Consulting Group, Inc., a strategic planning and retained executive search firm serving a national base of health care provider organizations. John is a Board Member of the Healthcare Leadership Network of the Delaware Valley (HLNDV), the regional chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) and received the ACHE Service Award in June, 2012. He graduated from St. Lawrence University with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Government.
John has executed in excess of 300 search projects within executive, clinical, research, technical and business related disciplines for client organizations across the U.S., including:
- Chief Nursing Officer, Director of Physician Practice Management, and Director of Materials Management for a 256-bed community teaching hospital.
- Key department head searches for a regional medical center including Surgical Services, Case Management, Pharmacy and Risk Management.
- Senior leadership search for a new cGMP drug development facility.
- Director of Radiology at a 266-bed urban community hospital.
- Director of CDM Compliance for a multi-hospital health system.
- Divisional Director, Surgical Services, Director, Pediatric Imaging Services, Director, Neurophysiology, and Director, Pediatric Psychiatry for a 290-bed children's hospital affiliated with a leading academic medical center.
- Cross-disciplinary searches on behalf of a $500 million European-based pharmaceutical industry leader, including: Sales, Marketing, Public Relations, IT, QA, Supply Chain, Accounting, and Operations.
- Multiple operations and clinical leadership searches for a community hospital undergoing a $100 million expansion.
- System Director, Clinical Value Analysis and Manager, Shared Service Procurement for an East Coast health system comprised of 34 acute care hospitals and $4.8 billion in net revenue.
- Director, Performance Improvement and Director, Case Management for a freestanding children's hospital.
- Key department head searches for a community hospital affiliated with a multi-hospital health system, including Physician Network Operations, Facilities, Pharmacy, Emergency Services, Nursing/Orthopedics and Patient Access.
- Chief Human Resources Officer for a 248-bed acute care hospital, part of an investor-owned hospital corporation.